- The incident purportedly took place on 12/01/2021 (Tuesday), around 8:30pm at TST Hotpot located in Tropicana Avenue, Petaling Jaya.
- According to the witnesses, the so-called “Dato” and his friends had entered the restaurant and appeared to be visibly drunk. The group were reportedly heard talking loudly and seen shouting at restaurant workers repeatedly.
- The victim is said to have asked them to keep their voices down so as to not disturb other customers.
- However, his actions appear to have triggered the Dato, which led to the alleged assault to the victim.
- As the group walked away, the Dato was seen slapping the victim’s girlfriend as well before leaving the restaurant.
Petaling Jaya district police chief Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal had previously told the media that the friend of Dato was also arrested for alleged assaulting the victim in the restaurant. Both suspects were arrested and the case is currently being investigated under Section 323 and Section 506 of the Penal Code.
Sources from Oriental Daily.
|Section 323: Voluntarily causing hurt
|Whoever, except in the case provided for by section 334, voluntarily causes hurt, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine which may extend to two thousand ringgit or with both.
|Section 506: Criminal intimidation
|Whoever commits the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both; if the threat is to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or imprisonment, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years or with fine or with both.
For other information, please click and visit http://www.yeepartners.com.my
The information published in this article is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute any legal advice from Messrs. Yee & Partners. Feel free to seek legal advice from our professional lawyers.